Why You Should Buy An America The Beautiful Annual Pass
Are you planning to hit the road and visit a national park or two? If you’re considering visiting more than one within a calendar year, here’s why you should buy an America The Beautiful annual pass for $80. The average cost to visit parks that charge admission is $25-30. So with one of these babies, three park visits and the pass has payed for itself! The other benefits?
1) Anyone can purchase this interagency annual pass, and they’re honored nationwide at all Forest Service, National Park Service, Bureau of Land Management, Bureau of Reclamation, and U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service sites charging entrance or standard amenity fees.
2) They are valid for twelve months from the month of purchase, expiring the last day of the month punched.
3) Any two individuals can sign the pass and both are considered pass holders.
4) An America The Beautiful annual pass admits the pass holder and any accompanying passengers in a private non-commercial vehicle. At any per-person fee sites, it admits the pass holder and up to three persons.
For more info about traveling to national parks (with dogs!), check out these links for some of our articles and videos on the matter:
- National Parks Vs. National Forests: Traveling With Dogs
- Camping In Joshua Tree With Dogs
- Dog-Friendly Sequoia National Forest
What national parks, national forests, or national lands are you planning to visit? Which ones have you already visited, and do you have a favorite? We want to know, so please share your experiences with us!